What are PRP/PRF Injections?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections as a stand-alone treatment for the face stimulates new collagen, increases microcirculation and regrowth of new healthy skin.
PRP and PRF treatments stimulate collagen production which in turn tightens and smooths wrinkles and improves texture and tone of your skin.
History of PRF
PRF also known as Platelet-rich Fibrin therapy is very similar to PRP. In the past PRP/PRF has been used in hospitals after surgery to accelerate the body’s own healing process. With the advancement of technology, it is now used to treat fine, lines, sagging skin and all that comes with aging.
What to expect at a PRP/PRF appointment?
- A small amount of bloodwill becollected, like a lab test.
- The sample is then taken and placed in a centrifuge which spins the blood at a super high speed, causing the platelets to separate from other components of the blood.
- Once the platelets are concentrated into the plasma, they can be applied to the treatment area. Activation causesa timed-release ofplatelets and essential growth factors which signals proteins that are responsible for the healing process and activation of collagen-elastin cascade.
What are the Benefits of PRP/ PRF?
- It Provides Total Rejuvenation – By stimulating collagen and elastin production the skin begins to tighten and thicken which in result smooths wrinkles and fine lines. The treatment also improves skin texture and tone.
- Treats Difficult and Delicate Areas -One of the first places we notice ageing is typically under the eyes. PRP is great for undereye wrinkles and hollowing.
- Natural Injectable -PRP is using your own natural elements without adding any foreign products. This therapy has been being using in the hospital system for healing properties since the 1970s.
Results from PRP/PRF take about three to four weeks to appear but after your third treatment results can last anywhere from 12 to 18 months!
Am I A Candidate for PRP/PRF?
- Experiencing loss of volume.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars such as ice pick scars, boxcar scars rolling scars etc.
- Uneven skin tones such as rosacea or age spots
Contact Total Implants & Periodontics Today
If you’re looking for a dentist in Fort Mill, SC to provide PRP injects or PRF injections near you, please contact Dr. Samir Patel’s friendly team today! We would be happy to answer any questions or schedule a consultation to get the smile makeover that you deserve.